Homemade remedies have been proven to be the most effective and cheapest methods of helping you to get the best dewy natural skin without having to spend the money on overly priced products. Here are the best and most effective “do-it-yourself” hacks that will help you achieve the best skin. Most of these ingredients will things you can get a grab directly from the shelf of your kitchen or the shelfs of your place.
First Category: Ingredients you always have in your kitchen.
Honey: Rich in anti-bacterial properties, it can be mixed with many other ingredients for different skin types.
Lemons and Orange Zest: These can be used as a natural bleacher for the skin. They both contain properties to brighten and cleanse the skin. If you are someone who suffers from dark spots on your face or body (elbows/knees etc.) then these two will be your best friends.
Yoghurt: Full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals that revitalize dehydrated skin, it contains many natural acids and anti-bacterial properties that fight acne.
Green tea: An amazing antioxidant that helps make your skin brighter and get back to normal after a tiring week.
Egg whites: Fight rosacea, big pores, natural exfoliator, fight acne. Full on collagen and vitamin A.
Oily and Acne Prone skin
- Cinnamon and Honey: 2 tbps of honey and 1/3 of tbs of cinnamon, mix these together and apply on skin overnight to get the best clearing effects. If not, apply and leave on skin for more than 15 minutes. It will work as an antibacterial and it will clear your pores getting rid of the impurities of the skin. Apply this every day or at least 4 days a week to get the results going.
- Homemade Face Toner: After all the washing and the cleaning the skin loses its normal pH, in order to get it back to normal you need to apply a face toner. The best natural and effective toner that will give your skin a healthy glow is APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. It will help with exfoliation, unclog the pores, treat blemishes and minimize the appearance of pores.
- Egg White Mask: Separate the white from the yolk and beat the egg white. There are two ways you can apply it: directly on skin or through a very thin paper tissue and creating a peel of mask. Take the thin tissue and put it on the face then apply the egg white over top. Leave on the face till it dries and then peel it off. It will clear all the black heads, and the clogged pores in your skin.
Dry and Dehydrated skin
- Honey and Avocado: You will need half of a very ripe avocado and two tablespoons of honey. Mix it together and leave on skin for 15-20 min
- Coconut oil, Honey and Green tea: ½ a tablespoon of honey, ½ of coconut oil and a bucket of dried up green tea after it has been brewed in hot water. This way you also hydrate your body through drinking your tea. Leave this on your face for at least 20 minutes.
- Papaya and Strawberry Mask: 1 large strawberry or 2 small ones, ¼ of ripe papaya, ½ teaspoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal. Mix it together until all the ingredients are blended with one another. Leave on face for 10-15 min.
Mask to brighten your skin (dark spots or even discoloration on certain areas)
Take the zest of 1 whole orange and 1 table spoon of raw honey. Mix everything together then apply it to your face. Leave it on for at least 5-7 min. It will give your skin a very strong tingling sensation which gets stronger within the first 5 min, however it clears your skin and leaves it brighter and cleansed. If used regularly, you will see results within 3-4 weeks.
The number one beauty tip that’s importance can’t be stressed enough of is to drink loads of water! This is the only ingredient that will give us amazing natural skin while keeping our whole body hydrated.
Use creams with a certain percentage of retinol. As it is one of the best ingredients that completely changes the texture of your skin, minimizes pores, fine lines and makes your skin smooth. If you are a person above 20 years this is highly recommended.
Use a sunscreen or moisturizer that contains at least 30 SPF in it. The ultra violet rays damage your skin and it becomes very difficult to overcome such damages on your skin. Taking all measures of prevention is the best way to avoid any skin damage.
Always moisturize! Regardless of your skin type, always use a moisturizer at least once a day. If your skin is dehydrated, it breaks out from stress and dehydration. Even if you have oily skin this is essential to keep your skin hydrated and helps prevent break outs and secrete excessive oils on your face