Ladies and Gentlemen! Suffering from dark circles, dry or oily skin, cellulite, acne, etc.? Look no further than your kitchen counter! Here are several miracle worker remedies that have been used through generations to help rectify your problems.
- Mix one part each of Glycerin, Olive Oil, and Coconut Oil into a small container and rub it onto your skin right after your shower and before you sleep. The combination of the oils and glycerin will seep into your skin and help rejuvenate moisture.
- Prior to stepping into the shower grab about 1 cup of ground up oatmeal and mix it up with a 2 tablespoons of honey and milk (as desired). Rub this mixture onto your body and let it settle for about 15-20 minutes before washing it off. Oatmeal is effective for its moisturizing, cleansing, anti-oxidative, and anti-inflammatoryproperties while the milk’s lactic acid soothes out the skin.
- Take the juice from half a lemon and whip one egg white into it. After applying the mixture to your face, let it dry completely (about 15 minutes) and then it off with warm water. This combination will help tighten your skin and soak up the excess oil from your sebaceous glands.
- Take a cotton ball and dip it into Apple Cider Vinegar and apply it on your face as a toner. ACV exfoliates the skin and helps balance the hormones that cause the over-production of oil. The acids in ACV also help tighten pores to make them less visible.
- Prevention: Take 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil a day. Although it does sound odd to add an oil to your oily skin regimen flaxseeds high in essential fatty acids which improve many skin conditions especially oily skin.
- Combine Nutmeg (2 tbsps), Yogurt (1 tbsp), Honey (1 tbsp), and Cinnamon (1 tsp) into a small container. Wash your face and make sure you apply it to a clean surface. Allow your skin to soak it in for 20-30 minutes. The yogurt and honey will help soothe the redness of the acne while the nutmeg and cinnamon will dry up the blemish.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda and add a few drop of lemon to it. Apply the mixture directly to the pimple with a Q-tip preferably and rub it in a circular motion and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes.
- Dip a cotton ball in tea tree oil and rub it onto your skin. Do not rinse it off just let it set onto your skin.
Cellulite and Stretch Marks:
- This mask does wonders for not only cellulite and stretch marks but just for softening up and giving your skin a refreshed look. Start by mixing 3 parts coffee, add in one part of olive oil or coconut oil, mix in 2 parts of sugar. Rub the scrub throughout your body in a CIRCULAR motion for until you have scrubbed every part effectively. The coffee helps tighten the skin, which can help reduce cellulite and reduce the appearance of stretch marks while the sugar rubs off dead skin cells and improves collagen production.
- Dip a cotton ball into equal parts of rose water and milk and apply it underneath your eye. Allow the cotton ball to sit for about 20 minutes.
- Before sleeping dab gently rub some almond oil under your eyes and leave it overnight. Almond oil additionally contains vitamin K which is a vitamin helps contract dilated blood vessels that cause dark circles.
- Cut up two slices of avocado and mix it in with some almond oil leave it on for about 20 minutes. It’s better to let the mixture sit in the refrigerator to cool down prior to applying it. The avocado contains Vitamin B along with Vitamin E and Vitamin K.
Acne- If you’ve been suffering from severe, tough acne for a while and none of those “over-the-counter” products have been working then it’s time for you to move over to a new treatment! Acne occurs when the pores of your skin are clogged with oil, dead skin, or bacteria. Every pore on is the opening to a follicle which is made up of a hair and a sebaceous oil gland. The oil glands release sebum oil which move up the hair and come out of the pore creating a pimple onto the surface of your skin. My recommendation is to try a topical treatment and do an internal treatment. The best combination I can give from experience is taking Vitamin E capsules (400 IU) once or twice a week depending on how severe your case is. As for the topical treatment, using a Retinol cream is the best option. Begin with 0.25% and gradually increase your way up to 0.5%.
I also recommend trying out Murad’s Acne Spot Treatment Cream for just $18 from Sephora’s Online Store. In addition to medication, you should start a skin regimen that will help unclog pores and rejuvenate skin. The Aztec Indian Healing Clay mask is not only good for acne, it’s amazing and extremely effective in bringing out the glow in your skin and rejuvenates skin cells to give you smooth, clear skin! The Aztec Indian Healing Clay mask can be found on Amazon for about $12.
Hair Fall- Hair fall can happen for a number from a simple vitamin deficiency to an underlying health condition. An excellent supplement to use is Visical. Visical is a supplement that supplies essential nutrients to the hair follicle to protract the anagen (growing) phase of the hair growth cycle which will nourish thinning hair and promoting hair growth. It contains Biotin, Zinc, Vitamin C, Horsetail Extract and Iron. One month’s supply (60 tablets) costs about $50.
Mane’n’Tail Shampoo and Conditioner are a great way to strengthen your hair and reduce hair fall. Their products contain micro-enriched protein formula which promote hair growth and thickening. Costs are about $12 each (16 oz).
Acne Spots/Dark Spots/Pigmentation- For any dark marks on your face that you’ve been trying to get rid of the first thing you need to look for in a product that contain at least 2% of Hydroquinone. This will help replace the skin cells from the area of your discoloration faster for an even skin tone. I recommend using Porcelana’s Dark Spot Corrector Night Cream to help with any discoloration. Costs ranges from about $8-10.
Regrowing Eyelashes/Eyebrows- Sometimes after we accidently over pluck our eyebrows they become thinner then we’d like. But don’t worry, you can grow them back! The best way to grow out your eyebrows is using Castor oil comined with Coconut oil. The two oils together contain vitamins and essential fatty acids naturally found in these oils which nourish the roots.
Face Contouring- If you want to improve your face contour, using the Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Serum. This serum is formulated with Hyaluronic Acid, Amino-Peptides and Vitamin B3. It hydrates to lift, firm and plump your skin which enhances the contour of your face. Cost ranges from $25-30.
HOLY GRAIL: COCONUT OIL
Coconut oil is not just for cooking: it’s also a beauty product that you can use to hydrate your skin, fight frizz, and reduce premature signs of aging. Different types of coconut oil contribute to different benefits.
Cooking: Refined Coconut Oil
Weight Loss: Virgin Coconut Oil
Good Health: Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Coconut Oil
Massaging: Pure Coconut Oil, Refined Coconut Oil
Hair: Pure Coconut Oil, Refined Coconut Oil